7/14/15

On the Pier at Casco Bay

I had a two day trip to Maine to see friends and family the other week. It was quick but couldn't have been more perfect. Stopping by a pier in Portland, we relaxed in the sun and watched people fishing, including Bobby here who shouted lively encouragement to youngsters who appeared too stunned to know what to do with the line of flapping mackerel they landed. I snapped a few photos and said, this guy is a character; I am going to paint him against the water to remember this marvelous day. Unbeknownst to me, my new friend Dulcie had a chance encounter with him earlier that week she describes here. dulciewitmanwritingblogofJune18  She just about fell over when I she heard my plan. So I call this "Bobby Refrains from Falling in the Drink Today."

No comments:

Post a Comment