3/18/08

You never know what kind explosion will happen when you mix things up. The same waters that run through our rivers, moisten my palette. Earth’s minerals are ground into pigments. Add a little light, a little wonder. Should I mention the panic? Hope for magic.

I love New England’s skies, water, and soils. I also love water-based paints: their brushstrokes, splatters, and granulations. A hand-held fireworks display. A blooming garden of color. Let the knifestrokes and drips show! Painting is about creating an imperfect illusion.


My other work -- land conservation throughout the many farms, trails, ecosystems, and vistas of New England –- continues to inform me as an artist.

My technique is to combine these loves, shake well, and pour lavish amounts onto wet canvas.

- Annette Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment