3/20/08

Annette Lorraine
- acrylic - watercolor - illustration -
rainlaw (at) sover (dot) net or PO Box 1466, Montpelier, VT 05601-1466

I work in both watercolor and acrylic which explains the different styles. Switching from one to the other helps me relax & not get too fussy. I like the knifestrokes, the granulations, splatters, & drips to show. Watercolors can be unruly and insubordinate, and I love them for that. If you want realism, take a photograph.

Unlike oils & their solvents, water-based paints are nontoxic. Acrylic paintings last longer than oil-based works and hold up to UV light when oils can fade & crack. For watercolor I use the highest quality colorfast Daniel Smith or Holbein pigments on 100% acid-free materials.
Scroll up & down. Remember you can double-click on images to see close-up views.

If you'd like to see more about the latest in Vermont's visual arts community, check out http://vermontartzine.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment